Tuesday 3 January 2012

2011

Last year I enjoyed taking part in the FAMM Challenges but they stopped for the summer vacation and didn't resume as the site is being revamped.  3 Creative Studios also hosted a colour challenge, journal quilts and technique of the month.  I joined in and occasionally won a prize.  You can see my entries on my Flickr photostream.  The hosts, Vicki Welsh and Terri Stegmiller, both felt that with their other ventures that they couldn't devote the time needed to continue with the site, and so it closed at the end of the year.  I've always got something on the go, but I have enjoyed these extra challenges and was a little disappointed that I wouldn't have them anymore.  However, when having a look at Vicki's blog the other day, I saw that Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times is hosting a Color Palette Challenge in 2012 and Vicki is providing the palettes and prizes.  The first colour pallete has been published.  I'm not sure what to make yet, but I have plenty of fabrics, yarns and threads in these colours.

No comments: