Friday 9 May 2008

More Journals

Our fourth lesson showed us how to make faux leather using a paper bag. I followed the instructions and painted mine brown but as I rarely make anything in brown I was unsure whether I would use a brown journal, even a 'leather' one, so I had another go and used blue paint - much more me. Inside I used wrapping paper to separate the sets of paper.





Back to fabric for the last lesson. I decided I wanted to create a design rather than using one piece of fabric. My design has wavy lines and I looked through my stash of fabrics and found one in a beigey colour and one with tight swirls in grey. I wouldn't have thought of putting these colours together but I was surprised that they work together and like the contrast of the open and tight swirls. The black stitching is freehand machine embroidery.






I have enjoyed this course and would recommend it to others. Sue Bleiweiss is running it again in June.

No comments: